Callout extensions can be added to Search Network campaigns and Search Network campaigns with impressions in the Display Network.
With their help, you can specify additional and more detailed information about your product or service.
In the ad on a computer or mobile device, 2 to 6 callouts can show in addition to the main text of the ad. Using callouts allows you to tell, for example, about unique services, guarantees, discounts, novelties.
How to create a callout extension:
1. Sign in to your Google Ads account.
2. Click Ads & extensions in the page menu on the left, then click Extensions at the top of the page.
3. Click the plus button.
4. Then click Callout extension.
5. In the “Add to” drop-down menu, select the level at which you’d like to add the callout. Choose between the Account, Campaign, or Ad group level.
6. Click Save.
Create a new callout: This setting is selected by default.
- Click Advanced options to set device preference. Click the box next to Mobile to create mobile-only callouts.
- Type your text in the “Callout text” field.
Use an existing callout: Click the circle next to “Use existing."
- Select the callouts you’d like to use from the list.
Requirements for callouts:
- The text of each callout must contain up to 25 characters;
- In the text, you can’t use punctuation marks and symbols (for example, an exclamation mark or punctuation mark in front of text) to attract attention;
- In the callout extension, it is impossible to take the text from other callouts, ads and sitelink extensions.