Conversion tracking in Google Ads allows you to understand how often a user who clicks on an ad makes the necessary actions like the purchase of goods or services, an application on the site, a call, subscriptions or the transfer of personal data, etc.
With conversion tracking, you can determine which ads are performing better than others and also evaluate the cost-effectiveness of your advertising costs.
The way to set up and determine the conversion action depends on the choice of getting conversions.
Sources of conversion
The conversion action on the site could be counted when a customer makes a purchase, subscribes for a newsletter, leaves his contact details, etc.
As the conversion action in mobile app, you can consider the app installation or actions in it.
There are four methods for tracking calls-conversions:
- Calls by announcements - the user makes a call by clicking on the number indicated in the ad.
- Calls to the number indicated on the site - the user navigates to the site via the ad, and then calls to the number posted on the web page;
- Clicks by the number on the site for mobile devices - the user navigates to the mobile version of the site after clicking on the ad and then clicks on the displayed phone number. As a conversion, clicks will be counted, not calls.
- Importing call-conversions. The first two methods count the call as a conversion if the call duration exceeds the specified minimum value. Importing conversion calls from a CRM into Google AdWords allows you to choose a conversion based on the most useful actions, for example, sales or requests for services. This way you get more detailed information and you can specify exactly which calls you need to track as a conversion.
An offline conversion implies actions performed by a client outside the internet that occurred as a result of a click on an ad. This can include purchases in store, orders by phone, signing a contract, etc.
Creation of a conversion action:
1. Sign in to your Google Ads account.
2. In the upper right corner, click the tool icon, and under "Measurement," click "Conversions.
3. Click the plus button.
4. In the opened window, select the kind of conversions that you want to track. There are four available types: