- Select "Campaigns" from the page menu on the left, press "+", then "+ New campaign".
- Select one or more goals of the campaign. If none of the goals fit what you’re looking for, select Create a campaign without a goal’s guidance.
If the "Website traffic" goal is selected, specify the address of your site (for example, elama.ru).
- Select the type of advertising campaign. Campaign types include:
- Search campaign. Ads appear in Google search results and other Google sites when people search for terms that are relevant to your ad’s keywords.
- Display campaign. The Display Network (GDN) includes more than two million sites and more than 650,000 apps, so your ad can show up wherever your audience is.
- Shopping campaign
- Video campaign
- Universal App campaign
How to set up a campaign for the Google Search Network
1. If you decided to create a search campaign, you should choose «Search» type.
2. Specify the name of the campaign. The name should be clear and relevant.
3. Make your choices for the following settings (Learn more about campaign settings):
Step 2. Creation of ad groups
1. Choose ad group type.
2. Enter a name for the ad group.
3. Enter or paste your keywords, one word or phrase you want to base your ads on. It’s recommended that you use one key phrase per ad group. You can use the same phrase with different keyword matching options, for example: "+ repair + bicycle + Munich" and "repair bicycle Munich".
In addition, you can get keyword ideas based on your site here:
4. Click Save and Continue.
Step 3. Ad creation
Click on "New ad".
Set the next parameters:
• The final URL. This is the URL people reach after clicking an ad. It should match your ad.
Headline 1 appears at the top of your ad and can contain up to 30 characters.
• Headline 2 appears after Headline 1 at the top of your ad and can have up to 30 characters.
• The "Path" fields are part of your Display URL (the green text under your headline text) and can have up to 15 characters each.
• Your ad's description appears below the display URL and can be up to 90 characters.
• Learn more about the editorial standards in Google Ads Help.
• About the URL options we already said: only use this option only if you know what it is and why it’s needed. If you’re not completely familiar with this parameter, you do not need to use it.
So, your campaign is ready! Click "Continue to campaign" to finish.
How to set up a display campaign.
1. Select "Campaigns" from the page menu on the left, press "+", then "+ New campaign".
2. Select one or more goals of the campaign. If none of the goals fit with what you’re looking for, select «Create a campaign without a goal’s guidance».
3. Select Display Network campaign type.
4. Select Standard display campaign subtype. Click Continue.
5. Specify the name of the campaign. It should be clear and relevant to you.
6. Make your choices for the following settings (Learn more about campaign settings):
- Locations. Remember that your customers are not only in the same region as your business, but also includes any locations where you can ship your goods.
- Languages. Set up language targeting by taking into account location targeting. For example, if you're targeting German-speaking users in Munich, remember to target the German language, and be sure that your ads are written in German.
- Bid strategy. You can read more information on bid strategy in Google Ads Help
7. After that, specify additional settings:
• Ad rotation. For detailed information, refer to Google Ads Help.
• Ad schedule. For detailed information, refer to Google Ads Help.
• Start and end dates. Specify an end date if you offer something that has a limited timeframe.
• Devices. You can choose the types of devices that your ad will appear on.
• Frequency capping. We recommend limiting ad impressions if it is your first display campaign.
• Location options. For detailed information, refer to Google Ads Help.
• Campaign URL options. You can use this option only if you know what it is and why it’s needed. If you are not completely familiar with this parameter, you shouldn’t use it.
• Dynamic Ads. For detailed information, refer to Google Ads Help.
• Content exclusions. With the help of content exclusion settings in Google Ads, you can block your ad impressions on placements that are not appropriate for your brand.
Step 2. Ad group creation.
1. Specify the name of the group.
2. Select the type of audiences you want your campaign to reach.
3. Specify demographic settings: you can reach people based on age, gender, parental status or household income.
4. Set content marketing: narrow your reach with keywords, topics or placements.
5. Set automated targeting if it’s needed.
6. Set an ad group bid.
Step 3. Ad creation.
You should spend time on the display format of ads because high-quality images will attract more users. Click «Upload display ads».
If you don’t have appropriate display banners, you can create a responsive ad: