To use the eLama service, you need a Google Ads account set up using the US dollar currency. The currency for advertising costs can only be selected once when you create an account. You can’t change it later, so be careful when creating your account.
How to create a Google Ads account:
1. Go to the registration page in Google Ads:
2. Fill in the following fields:
- E-mail address;
- Time zone (it is automatically set depending on the chosen country);
- Currency (choose "US dollar")
3. Click Save and Continue. If you entered your Google email address (firstname.lastname@example.org) when registering your account, you will immediately be taken to your new account. If you used an email address of another mail service, you will be taken to a page where you will need to fill out some more personal data, as well as familiarize yourself with and accept the terms of service. After that, you will then be taken to your new account.
How to create the first ad campaign in Google Ads:
- Select "Campaigns" from the page menu on the left, press "+", then "+ New campaign".
- Select one or more goals of the campaign, or if the goals don’t fit with what you’re looking for, select Create a campaign without a goal’s guidance.
- Select the type of advertising campaign.
- Set advanced options for the campaign. They can vary depending on the type of campaign:
- Create a name for your campaign. The system automatically provides a campaign name , but it's better to rename it depending on the topic so you can easily find it in your account. Your campaign name isn't visible to your customers.
- Select the network where your ad will be shown: Search or Display Network (GDN).
- Select which devices you want to target: desktops, tablets, mobile devices. This setting is only available for the Display Network.
- Select the target languages and locations. With this setting, you can take into account the language settings of users, as well as their location.
- Set the daily budget (the maximum amount that you are willing to spend per campaign per day) and select one of the bidding strategies (the method for paying for user interaction with your ads).
- Add ad extensions. Extensions are additional useful information about your company or service. Extensions can include a phone number, a company address, prices for goods or services, and more.
You can also set:
- Ad scheduling: set the start and end date of a campaign. You can also choose certain hours and days of the week when your ads will be shown.
- Advanced location options: you can show ads to users from a specific country, region or city.