In this article, we will tell you about Facebook Pixel, why it is needed and how to install it on your website.
Why do you need Facebook Pixel?
- It tracks the performance of your Facebook ads;
- It helps to target people who have interacted with your website;
- It gives access to additional Facebook advertising tools.
Creation and installation of Facebook Pixel
1. Open the “Pixels” tab in Facebook Ads (the link is available for those who have already activated Ads Manager):
2. Click “Create a Pixel”:
3. Insert your Pixel name and click “Create”:
4. After the Pixel has been created, the Facebook pixel code will need to be inserted into your website. Facebook will offer you different installation options - choose the most appropriate option for you:
Make sure your Pixel works well
To check if your pixel works well, install the “Facebook Pixel Helper” extension for Google Chrome. Here is the link.
To do list:
- Install Facebook Pixel Helper extension;
- Open your website and click the icon in the upper right part of the screen:
If the Facebook Pixel Helper detects that your Facebook pixel is working properly and is free from errors, you can create your Facebooks ads. Checking all web pages where Facebook Pixel is installed is recommended:
All frequently asked questions about Facebook Pixel can be found here.