With retargeting for dynamic ads, you can remind your potential customers about the products they've browsed on your website, mobile app, Marketplace, instant checkout, or IG shopping but didn't purchase. When you retarget people with dynamic ads, people see automatically generated ads with products or similar products to what they saw previously on your website.
Requirements for retargeting
Implemented Facebook pixel/app events: You need a Facebook Pixel implemented on your website, and use standard events to report which product IDs from your catalog are being viewed, added to cart and purchased. If you want to retarget people in a mobile app, you can set up app events. Learn here how to create and install Facebook Pixel on your website.
Catalog: You need a catalog to use dynamic ads.
How to set up a retargeting campaign with dynamic ads:
1. In Ads Manager, Select + Create.
2. Create your campaign. When you create your campaign, make sure that you choose Catalog Sales as your marketing objective and your catalog.
3. Create your ad set. Make sure that you choose the product set that you want to advertise.
4. When you select your audience, choose "Use info from your pixel or app to create a retargeting audience"
5. Choose a retargeting option:
- Viewed or Added to Cart But Not Purchased: Promote products from your catalog to people who viewed or added those products to their cart.
- Added to Cart But Not Purchased: Promote products from your catalog to people who added those products their cart.
- Upsell Products: Upsell products from your catalog to people who viewed products from your product set.
- Cross-Sell Products: Cross-sell products from your catalog to people who viewed products from your product set.
- Custom Combination: Promote products from your catalog to a Custom Audience based on how people interacted with your products. If you choose this option, you can select the audience interactions taken by selecting inclusions and exclusions. For example, you could include people who added products to their cart in the last 45 days and exclude people who purchased products in the last 45 days.
6. Enter the number of days where the action occurred for your retargeting option.