Dynamic Search Ads are the easiest way to find customers searching on Google for precisely what you offer. Ideal for advertisers with a well-developed website or a large inventory, Dynamic Search Ads use your website content to target your ads and can help fill in the gaps of your keyword-based campaigns.
Dynamic Search Ad headlines and landing pages are also generated using content from your website, which keeps your ads relevant and saves you time. All you need to do is add a creative description.
Before you begin
To get the most out of Dynamic Search Ads, follow these best practices:
- Before you write ads, improve your website. The quality of your site is as important as the quality of your ads.
- Write great descriptions for your ads. Make sure your ads are relevant to the people you’re trying to reach.
- Keep mobile in mind. Dynamic Search Ads can appear on mobile to customers searching or browsing while they’re on the go.
- Make sure your site is accessible. Sites, where all content is dynamically generated, can be hard for Google to understand and make ads for.
- Create single-language campaigns. If your website domain contains pages in multiple languages and you want to target searches for your ads based on all of these pages, create a new campaign for each language.
How to create a new Search campaign with a Dynamic Ad Group in your Search campaign
- Sign in to your Google Ads account.
- From the page menu on the left, click Campaigns.
- Click the plus button, then select New campaign.
- Select one or more goals for your campaign. Or, click Create a campaign without a goal to continue without goals.
- Optional: Under “Select the results you want to get from this campaign,” select the check box next to the actions you want customers to take after seeing your ad (for example, website visits, phone calls, or app downloads). Enter relevant details.
- Select Search as your campaign type.
- Select any results you want to get from the campaign.
- Click Continue.
- Name your campaign and enter the locations you want to target, languages you want to use, and your budget.
- Under "Bidding," choose an automated bid strategy if you want Google to optimize your bids. We recommend the target CPA or enhanced CPC options.
- Enter your bid limit (optional) and budget.
- At the top of the screen under "General Settings," expand Show more settings, and then click Dynamic Search Ad.
- Enter your website domain and select your website language.
- Click Save and Continue to continue onto the next stage—creating a dynamic ad group and targets.
How to create a Dynamic ad group
- For the Ad group type, select the Dynamic option (default).
- Name your dynamic ad group.
- Decide how you’d like to target your ads.
- If you’re not using automated bidding, adjust your bid based on the value of each specific target to your business.
- Click Save and continue.
How to create your ads
You can have more than one Dynamic Search Ad, which means you can collect data on which ad is most effective. Here’s how to add Dynamic Search Ads to a Dynamic ad group:
- Click New ad.
- Select Dynamic Search Ad.
- Your Dynamic Search Ad headline, final URL, and display URL will be dynamically generated, so just enter your description text.
- Click Save and Continue.