You can show personalized ads to millions of viewers across YouTube and video partner sites, based on their past interactions with your videos or YouTube channel. This is known as “video remarketing.” By reinforcing your message with people who have already seen your videos or channel, you’re more likely to succeed in increasing your return on investment.
- Improved ROI: Advertisers who use remarketing on YouTube have improved their return on investment (ROI) by showing video ads to people interested in their product or service.
- Broader scope: With YouTube's vast network, your video ad can reach potential customers on your remarketing list.
- Efficient pricing: The Google Ads auction model offers competitive rates that meet your target ROI. With CPV bidding, you'll pay for video views and other video interactions, such as clicks on the call-to-action overlays (CTAs), cards, and companion banners.
- Flexibility: Website remarketing (also known as "remessaging" or "retargeting") is based on visitors' actions on a website. You can remarket based on actions specific to your YouTube videos, including when viewers like, dislike, and share your video.
How it works
Remarketing lists are created by first linking your YouTube channel to your Google Ads account. Once you link accounts, you can create remarketing lists that reach people who have done the following YouTube-related actions:
- Viewed any video from a channel
- Viewed certain videos
- Viewed any video (as an ad) from a channel
- Viewed certain videos (as ads)
- Subscribed to a channel
- Visited a channel page
- Liked any video from a channel
- Added any video from a channel to a playlist
- Shared any video from a channel
You can then use these lists in your targeting settings for new or existing campaigns. Manage your lists any time by selecting “Shared library" from the "Tools" menu, then selecting "Audience manager."
Note: Remarketing lists can’t be created from views of bumper ads or non-skippable instream ads