To use shopping on Instagram, your Instagram account and business must meet the following requirements:
- Your Instagram account must be connected to a Facebook page
- You must have an Instagram business account
- Your business must be located in a supported market
- Your business must comply with Facebook’s commerce policies
- Your business must sell physical goods
Connect your Instagram business profile to a Facebook catalogue.
There are two ways of doing it:
- Use Catalogue Manager. This is the do-it-yourself method. You can create a new catalogue, or connect to an existing one.
To connect an existing catalogue:
- Go to Catalog Manager.
- Select the ecommerce catalog that you want to connect to your Instagram business account. Remember that it must be a catalog for products, not another inventory type.
- On the Use Cases page, select Instagram Shopping and then Connect Profile. Note that the Instagram shopping option only appears if you have an eligible ecommerce catalog.
- Select Add a new Instagram Business Profile.
- In the pop-up window, log into your Instagram business account.
- Use Facebook Partner.
To use a shop on Facebook through Shopify or BigCommerce:
- Add a shop on Facebook through Shopify or BigCommerce.
- Make sure the Facebook account connected to Shopify and BigCommerce is the same as the account connected to your Instagram professional account.
Sign up in the app
- Go to the Instagram app to sign up for Shopping.
- Go to your profile's settings, tap Business and tap Instagram Shopping.
- Follow the steps to make sure that everything is good to go and to submit your account for review.
Usually, the process takes a few days, but sometimes it can take longer. You can visit Shopping in Settings at any time to check your review status. Once you've been approved, you will receive notifications from Instagram and complete setup in Shopping in Settings to start tagging products in your posts and stories.
Create a shopping post or story
Now you can start adding product tags and stickers to your Instagram posts and stories. Start creating a post as usual and tap Tag Products to add a product from your catalogue. You can feature up to five products per image or video post, and up 20 products on multi-image posts. You can also go back and add shopping tags to old posts on your business profile.
Stories can feature one product sticker per story. And you can adjust the color and text of product stickers.