The report created in Power BI can be shared via a link. Before publishing, do the following:
- Confirm the rights to the domain of the site of your company.
- Enable report publishing to anyone who specified an email address with this domain when registering with Power BI. The permission is configured once for the entire domain.
For example, if you have applied these settings for the email@example.com account, everyone who registered in Power BI using an email with the company.com domain can share reports.
How to verify domain rights
To confirm the rights to the domain, you need access to the website hosting, which is usually restricted to system administrators.
Create an account using your corporate email address that your company uses for software registration.
2. Open the web version of Power BI and go to the menu in the upper left corner:
3. Assign an administrator for your domain:
4. Copy the TXT value
5. Add the TXT record at your domain name registrar to prove that you own the domain name.
Processing may take several minutes. At this time, an error may appear on the admin page on Microsoft admin page:
Wait 5-10 minutes and refresh the page. You will see the message with a recommendation to prevent unneeded changes — it’s ok. Follow the instruction to enable report publishing.
How to enable report publishing
1. Open the menu in the upper left corner:
2. Select Power BI
3. In the Power BI settings, select the settings gear in the top right of the Power BI service. Select Admin portal.
4. Open "Tenant Settings" and select "Publish to Web":
5. In the "Choose how embed codes work" menu, select "Allow existing and new codes" and click "Apply":
After that, all Power BI users in this domain will be able to publish reports: