Different responsive search ads are generated by the Google Ads system based on the elements that you added.
In eLama you simply need to fill in the template, which will automatically be used in all ad groups. However, you will still be able to change the ads manually.
Text ad template
In the template, you can indicate similar ad elements.
- Display URL — this is the website address that is shown in the ad. Here you can enter other text to attract user's attention.
- Phone number — displays in the ad so that the users can contact you without going to your website.
- Second and third headlines — usually convey necessary information about a product or service. You can enter up to 3 headline options in the template, 2 additional options can be added in the menu for specific ad groups. The header length is up to 30 characters.
- The first description — appears as a text in the ad, you can enter up to 2 variants, each up to 90 characters.
- The second description — can be displayed according to the placement, or you can have them shown together. You can also enter up to 2 variants, each up to 90 characters.
- Callout extensions — an unclickable part of the ad that allows you to show additional information about your services or goods. Up to 10 callout extensions can be displayed in one ad simultaneously, depending on the placement, the amount of text in the ad, and other factors. The maximum length of a callout extension is 25 characters.
- Sitelink extensions — allow you to transfer the user to a specific part of your website. In this menu, you can add up to 4 site link extensions. The link can have up to 25 characters and a description of up to 35 characters.
Important note: Make sure that the headlines and descriptions aren't repetitive in the ad; otherwise, the system will give an error during the export.
You can check how your ads will look at any moment. To do this, click on «Show A Preview Of The Template», it allows you to go to the preview menu. Here you can see different ad combinations. To switch between combinations, click on «Show another example». You can also switch between a desktop and a mobile display.
Ad creation and editing of certain groups
Below the template settings, you'll find a list of all groups we created previously. Next to the name of each group, you can see prompts.
Click on the arrow on the right side of a group name to switch to the ad settings of a particular ad group. In the opened menu, you'll see main ad fields as well as a list of keywords connected to this ad.
All ad elements filled in the template will be used in the ad automatically.
Important note: The first headline should be unique, that's why it is added to each ad group manually and not supported in the template.
These ad fields can be edited at any moment. You just need to click on the pen icon next to the field.